Independent Renault Forums banner

renault autoglym life shine

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  madnoel10 
#1 ·
i am taking delivery this week of my new grand scenic and have been advised by my dealer to consider their life shine product, it basically appears to be an added protection for the body work and glass.
has anyone used this product and if so is it worth the 300 quid? many thnx

G
#2 ·
I had a BMW and it was I think coated with something called diamond shine or similar--just a quick wash with plain water and it gleamed.So if you go ahead I would stay away from detergent,see if you can see one done already if its that good they should have done a demonstrator!

G
#6 ·
Yes the best thing to do would check with paint shops and independent valeters and as you are doing check the web, this stuff cannot be hard to apply but if your children are young then good seat covers or blanket perhaps-- not as attractive but practical.

#7 ·
A point to note all these products LifeShine, Diamondbrite, SupaGuard etc all have a material cost of approx £25 - £40 (size of the car dependant) plus valeters time ... approx £25 - £40 .... total to the dealer is usually £50 - £80 or LESS ...... dont get ripped off .... the valet company will usually do the job for much less or ask the dealer to do the work for the material cost as a sweetener to the sale ..... I have had my last 5 cars done by Supaguard by the dealer for FREE as part of the deal ..... surprise them by asking what the material cost of the treatment is (and proving it) .... or just buy the materials and do it yourself .... never takes more than a couple of hours.

Hope it helps :)

G
#8 ·
Lifeshine? Depends on how long 'life' is to Renault. Considering the failngs of some of their car components, I would be cautious.

As has been mentioned, get it as part of the deal or do it yourself. If however it is guaranteed for 'life', which I doubt, then let them do it.:d

#9 ·
not a great renault fan then! i have had a few now and they have been more or less perfectly reliable bar the espace i have traded in, utter money pit.lol.
i think i will buy the kit and do it myself, as i said the only thing making me considerr the dealer doing it is i would want the interior protection done properly but cant be that hard can it?lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.