Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 1 - bonnet catch/release problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 1 - bonnet catch/release problems

Firstly hello to you all, I've only just joined and am really hoping someone here is an expert on the bonnet catch and release mechanism for the '96 Laguna! Obscure I know, but I'm in a real fix. The MOT has expired, but the garage won't even test it because the bonnet is not closing properly and I've had to secure it with some steel cable. I've had the problem for a while, and I can't work out what's wrong - all 3 catches seem to be moving freely, and springing back correctly, but the bonnet simply will not lock down. It's held from lifting right up because it still catches on the hook of the central catch, but is not locked in place if that makes any sense. Also, the bonnet release lever has never worked well and seems to have seized altogether now, which I'm thinking is almost certainly related, but without knowing how the linkages work, I don't want to go in there hammer and tong and make things worse!

If anyone has any useful tips about what to look for, I'd be really grateful!

Many thanks,

Currently in Selcal77's garage:
1996 Renault Laguna 2.0RT
  5 Lastest Threads by Selcal77
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 1 - bonnet catch/release problems Bodywork renofan 3 1820 11th October 2009 08:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome