Independent Renault Forums banner

xenon headlights

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  evsey 
#1 ·
hi i am new to this so i hope i have got it right.

i have xenon headlights on my o3 laguna that have just gone into the dipped position and will not move the hynes manual says they are self levelling and if a fault occurs a light on dashboard will light but i have no such light and the beams are on the floor you use to see it working if you stated the car with the headlights on the beams would go down then back up but now there is no movement could it be the ride hight level sensor attached to the rear axle if so is it easy to do and is the part expensive. thanks kev:confused:

#2 ·
There is sensors on both the front and rear suspensions so check both out first and see if they have become detached. Lift the bonnet and listen carefully whilst someone switches the ignition on you should be able to hear the motos moving - it is also known for the motors at the back of the headlights to come adrift.:)

#3 ·
Hi. I have exactly the same problem. I took the car into my local Renault dealer last week and they quoted £450 for two replacement sensors and wiring looms. They got that info from the diag software but I don't think they actually looked at the lights etc themselves. Can anyone provide some instructions on how to get to the necessary bits? Is there some way to test which sensors are faulty etc?

FYI Kevdickson, I saw the saw bit in the Haynes manual but having looked through the car's manual there is no light which could be lit to show a fault. I can only assume that a fault would show on the screen (where it shows the oil check etc). However, mine doesn't show anything. The first I found out about the fault was when I drove home late from work a few nights ago. IMO the Initiale is rather poorly served by the Haynes manual in my view.

Thanks in advance

Chris

#6 ·
Just to update on my situation. I removed both near side wheels and found that both sensors (front and back) were physically broken, i.e. the connecting arms on both sensors had broken. When I turned the lights on I was able to manually move the remaining parts of the sensor arms and the lights moved smoothly. So, I'm off to hunt for a scrappy now who can supply me that parts as my local renault dealer quoted a total of £294 (inc VAT) for both sensors and wanted £160 to fit. Given that even I could fit them (and I'm hopeless with cars) that seems a bit steep.

#10 ·
Evsey, sorry to hear that. Although both the sensors on my car have broken arms when I move what is left the loghts still move. Time to investigate the connections to the sensors, the motors for the lights and then the actual sensors themselves. To save you some cash in the test phase I could send you my broken ones if that helps (as soon as I can replace them).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.