Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II rear brakes getting hotter than fronts - binding?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II rear brakes getting hotter than fronts - binding?

I think I have a binding problem with one or both of the rear brakes. After some gentle use, the offside rear brake disc is hot to the touch. The nearside disc is warm. The front brakes are cool. With hard use it is harder to tell as all brakes get very hot but the offside rear does seem to be the hottest

Does this signify binding or is it normal for the rears to get hotter than the fronts seeing as the rear discs are smaller and non ventilated?

Am I probably looking at replacement calipers or may it just be a matter of replacing the pads or adjusting the handbrake. The rear pads have nearly 100k miles on them and are have about 1/3 thickness left

My driving style is easy on brakes, I tend to get long life out of discs and pads. With this Laguna, the original rear pads needed replacing before the original fronts did so it may be that there has been some binding of the rear brakes for a long time.
  5 Lastest Threads by ade1
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Windback tool for Laguna II rear brakes Brakes/Hubs madnoel10 1 1464 28th January 2010 09:03 AM
Laguna II rear brakes getting hotter than fronts... Brakes/Hubs ade1 6 2223 14th October 2009 02:01 PM
Active drive question + CO2 emissions question Cars & motoring ottoman 2 1048 12th October 2008 12:55 PM
Laguna II ph1 rear light bulb holder Electronics bngman 3 2500 11th October 2008 05:05 PM
Problems replacing electric window regulator Cars & motoring madnoel10 3 3072 19th January 2008 12:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome