Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Starting problem, can't figure it out...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Starting problem, can't figure it out...

I'm kinda new to the forum, so I apologize if this topic is in the wrong place.

I recently bought a 1995 Laguna 1.8RT 8-valve. It was doing all fine, until it failed to start. A little explanation:

I got into the car, put the key in the ignition, turned the key... All the lights on the dash were working, but I noticed something unusual. The "circled exclamation mark" light and the "STOP" light didn't turn off... I thought that wasn't a problem, but the next time I tried to start the car, the engine wouldn't even turn over. You turn the key in the starting position, but nothing happens. At first, I thought it was the car alarm. I disconnected the alarm, but that didn't help. Next, I checked the battery, but I think that it is good, because all the lights inside are working good. Any ideas? Could it be the starter motor?
We tried to start the car by pushing it, and it starts and works well.

(I'm really sorry for my English, I'm not from the UK)
Currently in MartinMKD's garage:
1995 Renault Laguna 1.8RT 8-valve
  5 Lastest Threads by MartinMKD
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna I With Auto Air Con - Poor heating Heating & cooling hondo 2 972 18th October 2009 07:20 PM
Starting problem, can't figure it out... Electronics MartinMKD 4 1210 15th October 2009 11:16 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome