Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

View Single Post
post #91 of (permalink) Old 15th October 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks for all your help.

I decided I wasn't going to wait til my local garage could fit me in and went to my local 'fast-fit' type place this afternoon. It was indeed the rear shock absorber, it had snapped where the bolt fixes on, just in like some of the photos on the thread.

I had a look at my tyres before I went to the garage and there are no bulges, they sit completely fine on the road. My previous car which I scrapped before getting this one had a bulge in one of the tyres. The two front tyres will need replaced soon though, maybe get 1,000 miles out of them if I am lucky, will get them done before that in a couple of weeks.

I was dismayed to find though that my rear brake discs are rusted badly and pitted. The person that sold the car to me replaced the discs at the front and put new pads on the rear but not new rear discs! The guys doing the shock absorber let me look under the car and showed me so thats another thing to be done. They quoted me 180 for the discs, is that not excessive??

I'm glad I got the shocker done though as my husband has got a long journey this weekend and I wasn't happy with him driving it incase he caused more damage. The noise of the shocker actually happened when he was driving it last night, he thought something was rattling in the boot! Even I knew it wasn't that.
Currently in Bubblegumcola's garage:
2003 Renault Scenic Fidji 1.4
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome