Join Date: Oct 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It could be due to headunit overload. To be more specific. HeadUnit has a protection circuit in case that it detects current overload when you use max volume. Sometimes speakers cannot take more watts than the headunit sends over so the headunit also comes in "safe mode" using its circuit. Now, you either overload the radio unit by volume 20 or your safety circuit is gone bad so the unit thinks that is overloaded and it shuts down.
If the safety circuit of your unit has gone bad, you should replace the unit as its not serviceable. Also check for any short circuits, on speakers, or on speakers connections caused from moisture or dust
Currently in Johnny_Nik's garage:
Renault Clio II MTV 1.2