Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - scenic 1.6 rt 1998 non starter

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation scenic 1.6 rt 1998 non starter

ok i have had a lot of problems with this car and this may be the final nail in the coffin i went to the car today to go down the hospital see my ill father just to find out car would not start i tried and tried nothing then i noticed the immobiliser light was flashing rapidly the car was working perfect no problem at all the night before i know a fair bit about cars but this is got me confused i have looked every were to find a solution all i find is about ir systems with or with out transponders but my car has Renault rf key with immobiliser transponder chip what i know now the rf side has nothing to do with the immobiliser i have looked at emergency code generators and i cant seem to find a key number in my 2 keys also i tried holding accelerator down no change in the led still flashing rapid same with the central lock button no change i hope some can help my cars model code is ja0f i really need my car on the road so even if its a temp fix then its gd cheers steven

also not sure but found this little confusing when bought the car only one key had the rf board in side until today when i took the cowling off and found it stuck to the ignition barrel any ideas why this was done
Currently in sparky1985's garage:
1.6 rt scenic 1998
  5 Lastest Threads by sparky1985
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
scenic 1.6 rt 1998 non starter Electronics sparky1985 4 750 17th October 2009 05:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome