Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electric Window & Mirror Problems

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2009 Thread Starter
Velsatis dCi
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
It would seem both the window regulator and folding mirror are working OK in themselves but cannot operate independently for some reason. It looks as if there is insufficient voltage going to the door to operate both. That could be because of a poor voltage supply or poor earth. Has the connector plug at the door hinge been checked for corrosion or water ingress. Also fitting a temporary earth to both units may be worth trying - if only to narrow the field of search.
Hi thanks for your advise. I have looked at the connector plug inside both the door and pillar; all seems to be fine and no sign of corrosion or water ingress. I will have to check the earth as you have suggested later today. The strange thing I noticed this morning on my way to work was that the heated glass in the door mirror still seems to be working…..very strange, I have only just noticed as the weather has changed. Does this suggest that the power feed is ok as all coming from the same loop? Anyway I have another problem to attended, yesterday I had tracking checked while on the ramp I noticed oil dripping from the passenger side of the engine. Upon investigation I found a leak on the oil pipe coming from the oil exchange unit……looks expensive as according to the workshop manual I have, both pipes have to be replaced, manual says £120.00p for pipes and I don’t know how old these prices are……..happy days.
Currently in Velsatis dCi's garage:
Vel Satis 3.0 V6 dCi Initiale (03)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome