Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Key Card again - follow up

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Key Card again - follow up

Thought it would be better to start a new thread rather than joining another as its an update really.
I bought a laguna 2 dci a while ago and was given 3 keys, one worked 100% but looked pretty new the other 2 were well worn and would not open the doors or start the car, I could use the emergency key to open the door on both the spare cards, I was told to send them for repair and thanks to gary the keys came back a little further on. Now the keys led lights when the buttons are pressed but still they dont unlock the doors or start the car.
When pushed in the card module the leds on the reader flashes and the car fan and radio starts up but nothing else happens.
I rang a renault dealer and they say that if a new card was bought maybe they would have deleted the other 2 from the system
Is this possible?? or could there be another reason they are not working, have checked with the previous owner and he says that the cards were given to him by the owner before and they never worked but was told they were the originals??
Currently in g4jnw's garage:
2001 Renault Megane Mk1
  5 Lastest Threads by g4jnw
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
People ask me why i don't use a renault garage! Electronics cph1984 7 1975 18th April 2011 11:24 AM
megane I high level brake light - missing! Electronics g4jnw 7 3742 6th October 2010 02:36 PM
wiper arm Bodywork g4jnw 2 1403 18th September 2010 03:31 PM
Megane 2001 ignition keys Electronics dave_mezza2006 1 2163 7th September 2010 04:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome