Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna I 1,6 16V High idle revs when cold

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Relagun
Question Laguna I 1,6 16V High idle revs when cold

Problem: Idle revs are too high when engine is not 100% warmed up.

Revs are 2200rpm if degrees goes about 6 plusdegrees. If I let the car idle without driving on its place revs will slowly go as low as 750rpm (normal idle revs.) If the weather is chilly and I start driving revs. rises up to 1500-2000rpms and might be pendling between these before its all warmed up. In the summer when it is hot , there is no problem.
Actually I bought an ICV but returned it as revs rised to 4000rpm and at lowest 2000. I have cleaned my existing ICV and even lenghtened its "cylinder?" managing revs go down a bit. I did not know when I had the new one that the "cylinder" could be lenghtened without destroying the ICV. Or can it actually ? Seems anyway that the ICV is not long or wide enough to cover the hole or do I have a leakage after all. When engine is completely hot there is nothing wrong with it.
It takes a long time for something to "decide" that the engine is warm enough (The temperature meter shows that the engine is warming up normally). Also if the engine was warmed up completely then idleing works normally also after the engine has been shut off for a while.
Going to clean the throttle valve but not hoping too much from it.
Any ideas appreciated.
Currently in Relagun's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna I hatchback 1,6 16v K4M 720
  5 Lastest Threads by Relagun
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna I 1,6 16V High idle revs when cold Electronics Relagun 1 1913 19th October 2009 01:10 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome