Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio starts only starts when power sent down inertia switch

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Clio starts only starts when power sent down inertia switch

Renault Clio II 1.6 Etoile

Had the intermitttent non starting for a few months now, then all of a sudden the seperate car cuts out while drving fault has now arrived.

I eventually found the Crash/inertia switch might of tripped. on reset it worked. However it now does not start with even with the crash switch correctly set.

When I switch on the ignition I CANNOT hear the sound of a fuel pump kicking in.

When I hook up an 6v-24v electronic auto probe to the battery and place the probe tip on the metal clip in the inertia/crash switch I get a green light. I press the red button on the probe to produce a positive charge and hey presto the sound of what I think must be the fuel pump is heard. while i keep the probe positive button pressed my aide then starts the car using the ignition key and the car will start. As soon as I release the probe red positive button the car cuts out straight away.

I have changed the crash switch to another from the renault dealer and I still have the same fault and can start the car by sending a 12v charge down the crash switch.

I am now not sure where to go next and do hope i have made sense above.
  5 Lastest Threads by commandersw
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio starts only starts when power sent down... Electronics madnoel10 2 2628 19th October 2009 05:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome