Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - Parrot 3100 and Cabasse

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2009
Diamond dismember
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by costeau View Post
Um… So "permanent" and "ignition live" are both +12V, and not Ground (-)?
In that case, have they been swapped around in the VDA connector as well? If so, I've got some adapter harness rewiring to do.
Turned out I didn't need to rewire the harness, as the polarity was what it was supposed to be there (which I concluded with after measuring my way with a multimeter.

Normally, "reverse polarity" means switching plus and minus, but here it means switching plus and… uh… plus.
So it's the ignition live and the permanent we're talking about, yes.

Originally Posted by costeau View Post
My Sony Ericsson HCB-700 works fine when the engine is running, but switches itself off when I turn off the engine, and I can't switch it on by hand either. I have to turn on the engine to turn on the unit itself.
I had another read through the manual, and it turns out that this is normal behavior, according to Sony Ericsson.
The hands free kit switches itself off when I switch off the ignition, as long as there's no ongoing call.
If there is an ongoing call when I switch the ignition off, it waits until I end the call before it switches itself off.
Clever, but no cigar, as I can't switch it on without inserting the keycard again.

That said, I'm considering replacing the HCB-700 and my Connects2 iPod adapter with a Parrot MKi9200, as the HCB-700 uses a different Bluetooth profile for syncing contacts than the iPhone (and the MKi9200 supports direct access to the iPhone music library).
Currently in costeau's garage:
2008 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi (Used to have a 2004 Laguna 1.8)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome