Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Wiper Arm Bearing

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Renault Scenic 2 - Wiper Arm Bearing

I've had the bearing on the front wiper arm (driver's side) fall apart on my Scenic. The rest of the arm is fine, not a bother, so I went about replacing the bearing. Now this is a part that should only cost a few Euros at the most (as you might guess, I'm in Ireland). However, Renault dealerships (I've tried a couple) have said that the entire arm has to be replaced at a cost to me of Eur140 + VAT. This is absolutely ridiculous. First of all, I don't believe that the arm could possibly be worth that. And secondly, and more importantly, why can't they just issue the bearing.

Can someone tell me if this the case in the UK as well and are our Renault dealers here just trying to make a fast buck? If it's possible to get the bearing, can you tell me where? (My own local mechanic has tried to source one for me but failed ... he got the same story from Renaut.)

In these modern times when we're all trying to be more environmentally friendly, throwing away a perfectly good wiper arm just to put more money in the coffers of Renault cheeses me off just a tad ... to put it mildly. As someone suggested in another thread, the designers in Renault should be taken out and shot ... or at least made to work for 12 months on removing and refitting every possible part in the Scenic to see what they have unleashed on the unsuspecting among us.
Currently in jk1365's garage:
2005 Renault Grand Scenic II 1.6 Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by jk1365
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic 2 - Wiper Arm Bearing Electronics 1 3153 20th October 2009 12:42 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome