Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Trip Computer...

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 20th October 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by IWO2024 View Post
Thanks, mine does have three dots. So I do have a computer fitted. Still no luck the display is stuck on mileage and distance covered with previous reset.

I also cant seem to reset the dash electricals. Ive read other threads where instructions include:
switch on car with the stalk button pressed, then release. Whats meant to happen is everything flickers. So far ive tried it many ways but cant seem to reset.

Im hoping thats my problem. If anyone knows how to reset the dash please provide step by step instructions.
I don't know the answer but some suggestions nonetheless; I know with mine that the dash cycling/reset test can be facilitated by holding down the trip reset button for a long time (10,20,30 sec?) I cant remember if you start with the ignition off or on or even if you have to switch on while the button is held. Try that then try it with the stalk button as it may be different if you have a computer (I don't). Search the forum for clio dash reset. Failing that is the stalk button actually making electrical contact and is the connector from the stalk conected ok? Hard to check without a wiring diagram and a meter and unlikely in my opinion, unless you've had dismantling done in that area.
Finally you could try disconnecting the battery and leaving it for a few hours, but if the car turns into a toaster or hairdryer I'm not to blame. (It shouldn't do but I'm paranoid). MAKE SURE you have the RADIO CODE if it requires one before disconnnecting the battery. Sorry I cant be of more help.
Currently in wozz's garage:
2000 Clio 1.4 8v sport
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome