Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 21st October 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
yeah but the garage is ¤¤¤¤ed off with me, i have been told they wont refund me for the parts, i can get a refund for the bits no problem(they are the cheapest trade rates in the area), but im not sure they are gonna replace all the parts that should be replaced.

they missed out all the back axle suspension parts on the quote!
if i had a say i would replace the shock, main bush and the disc/bearing cos they wont get a true alignment reading without doing them.
(i do have a 3 page printout of the cars 4 wheel geometry specs prior to the accident)

they also missed out them pesky Tyre Pressure Sensors(x2) and i really dont think they are gonna get away with taking the existing ones off the damaged alloys(corroded and already had a very slow leak from one of them)

on the front end they havnt listed the main spring?, track rod arm? or driveshaft???
(i really hope they are not thinking of using the spring from the damaged strut!!!)

and they have quoted a rate of £45/h x8 (ouch! better be x2+ mechanics fixing it)!!!

not feeling quite so happy atm, but at least some action is happening now on it.

bits @ rate they want to change:
156 x2wheels
101 x2 tyres
70 suspension leg
74 top mount kit (i can get one of these for about 30 tops)
25 top mount filter kit (wtf! is that)
160 hub carrier
65 bearing kit
90 hub flange
56 wishbone arm(inc ball joint)
43 track rod end
300 steering rack( exch.... ouch what a markup!)

just missing:
inner track arm, anti-rollbar linkages x2, main front spring, driveshaft, rear bearing/disc, tyre pressure sensors x2. timing belt, auxillery belt, all the subframe/steering rack/hub bolts...

i understand they all tend to double charge on the VAT but these prices are pretty sloppy.

Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome