Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Red light steady on , Car wont start , immobiliser problem ??

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Red light steady on , Car wont start , immobiliser problem ??

Went to get into my lagunaII this morning , put key card in slot , pressed start then nothing , the red light on dash stays on steadily...
Also noticed driver side footwell very wet indeed..
Took battery off charged it up , re-connected hoping for simple solve but still the same..
Called out a mobile electrician friend of mine and we traced a water leak dripping onto the fuse box which was soaking and he said there's where the problem lies...
We searched together for where the water was coming from and found it to be coming from the sunroof rubber seal which was perished causing water to drip down the inside of the door frame and behind all the plastic trim and evetually onto the fuse box itself...
I have took all the screws out and dropped the fusebox away from the dripping in hope that it may dry itself out , and as a temporary fix have covered and duck taped the rubber seals on the sunroof....just hoping it'll keep the rain out as it really is lashing down out there as it has been all day..

My question is can the fusebox dry out once water damaged or does it need repalced alltogether at the stealers? How long should I leave it to dry before trying it again ? 2 or 3 days or what ? Dreading having to take it to renault as money is tight right now also the steering has locked on as well so would this cause a problem for the recovery people ?..

Hope you guys can help as I really love my Laguna as well , just gutted when it doesn't work...

Currently in garyrowellworld's garage:
renault laguna II sports tourer 1.9DCI privelege
  5 Lastest Threads by garyrowellworld
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
click click click from start button Electronics Donald 22 3405 31st October 2009 06:32 PM
Red light steady on , Car wont start ,... Electronics davesss 2 2799 21st October 2009 06:19 PM
cabasse auditorium annoying "speech" Electronics poppycat 14 4873 18th February 2009 10:54 AM
Renault Laguna - Headlight washer accident... Bodywork garyrowellworld 6 2289 29th August 2008 01:00 PM
Lagun - 1.9Dci - Power loss Engines madnoel10 2 1190 11th August 2008 08:48 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome