Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 21st October 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Sorry if I'm being a bit slow here, but I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to source the parts yourself and then claim the cost of the parts back therefore decreasing the repair price and avoiding the car being written off?

If it were me, I'm not sure I would consider the time and hassle involved to be worthwhile. I think I would let the insurance company do there part and if they want to repair it, all well and good. Otherwise take the total loss payout (with a bit of bargaining to get full market value) and either find another car or use the money to buy the car as a write off, get the parts and find a garage to do the repairs using the total loss payout.

As for the garage not being happy about you supplying the parts, I can't say that I am that surprised. They have a reputation to keep and they have no idea if the parts you are supplying would be counterfeit or poor quality. (not saying that you would buy counterfeit or poor quality parts, but they don't know that)

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow...

Wanna see what I drive? No pics of the latest Passat, but you can see the Scenic II here and the CB1000R here!

Previous Passat here and Bandit here.
Currently in martin999's garage:
2011 (11) VW Passat 2.0 TDi SE + options in Island Grey, 2011 (11) Honda CB1000R in Pearl Cool White... oh and a 2004 (54) Secnic II 1.5dCi Dynamique in Ottoman Blue !
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome