Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 22nd October 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
i was trying to ensure that replacement parts for the suspension were THE SAME! as what was already fitted and that they were not going to try reusing any possibly damaged (or bits with a now reduced service life.)
i popped back this mornign and had a better discuccion with one of thier mechanics (i had been discussing it with admin staff before) they have taken copies of the recipts and i took all the bits back for full refund.
they are happy enough to fit patern parts so long as the assesor is ok with it. they have accounts with most of the OEM supliers locally.
the dealership price for all those bits for the suspension system i had replaced a couple of months ago(and less than 500 miles later) was over 1800+ for both sides.
i left them to sort out a re-adjusted quote based on the oem parts for suspension with main dealer parts for those unavailable anywhere else.
it was just a matter of trying to ensure exact matching parts for maintaining suspension geometry and handling characteristics.

on the laggy2 the enitire mcpherson strut & steering rack is knackered, so the job to replace it is faily easy, rip the old one off-(chuck in bin), assemble new bits, fit, recalibrate steering and check all 4wheel geometry, job done

i have had minor accidents in the past with pots holes and not changing everything that might (possibly)have been damaged and it causing tonns of hassle months/years later with rear wheel bearing failures (causing multiple brembo disc caliper failure and excessive disc wear.)
bent shocks and thrust bearing failure messing up the wheel alignement geometry whislt the car is being driven down the road, but not showing up when under static testing!
seeing your car being driven down the road by a garage mechainc with a back wheel wobbling like it was about to fall off is....
(it wasnt just me who missed the failure, it was also missed my several mechaincs as it is impossible to see or feel whilst being driven by the driver, unless you got a passenger hangin out the passenger window watching the back wheel.)

and c'mon how often do you drive down the road with passengers hanging out the window...
(possible screaming or drunk or both)
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome