Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rusting wheel arches

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Originally Posted by BigStu82

My Laguna's rear wheel arches are starting to rust - one side's bubbling under the paint, the other side's actually cracked through the paint and is now completely obvious at a glance.

The rust's on the front of each arch, level with the bottom of the rear doors. Any idea how easy/expensive this is going to be to fix? I'm reckoning on sourcing replacement bits from a breakers yard, but how much is this sort of thing going to set me back in labour, and how much are we talking to have that area resprayed? Just a ballpark from someone with similar experience would be really handy - less than 300, 300-500, or more than 500?

Hello Stu and a very warm welcome to the forum.
This sort of post is very difficult to give advise on as we can't see the damage. IMHO I think you are quite right to get second hand panels to replace yours. You can just repair the damage on your car and the panel will fit. I'm not even sure that after market wheel arch panels are available for the Lag yet any way.

Is the car metalic or not?
Can you weld in the new panels or is this going to be part of the overall job?

Obviously the more work you can do the better.
200 - 300 would be about right if the garage had to do all the work I would think.

Hope this helps. Kind regards Oily.

I am not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings:D "
Currently in Oilyrag's garage:
59 Vauxhall Zaffira 1.6 Life & 1957 Austin A35
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome