Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - General bodywork query- non Renault.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th October 2009 Thread Starter
Emily's dad
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
General bodywork query- non Renault.

I have a Toyota Avensis which is now 11 years old.

It is mechanically sound, its only got 65,000 miles on the clock and no dents, scratches or paintwork issues.

Fitted along the doors are bumper strips, common to many cars. Due to its age the adhesive holding them has started to come away. This has caused the end of the bumper strips to curl up, and one got caught and has broken.

I have 4 new bumper strips to fit back on, which attach with locating lugs and self adhesive tape already pre fitted to the bumper strips.

My query is what can I use to remove the old glue/adhevise tape that is stuck on the doors, without causing damage to the paint, but leaving the surface clean enough to give a good base for the new adhesive tape.

Hope that makes sense, any suggestions welcome.

People who think they know what they're doing are especially annoying to those of us who do.
Currently in Emily's dad's garage:
1999 Scenic RXE, now gone as has the Alhambra that replaced it !
  5 Lastest Threads by Emily's dad
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
CVT Gearbox, your experiences/reliability Transmissions Emily's dad 4 835 10th February 2015 07:49 PM
Williams Clio is back! Renault news snoopy25 8 7349 15th July 2011 05:49 PM
Bin Laden killed General Chat costeau 13 2699 2nd May 2011 07:07 AM
Driving in America....any advice please General Chat 15 3549 17th March 2011 09:44 AM
New Scenic ??? Renault news tonyandkaty 12 9488 1st March 2011 12:09 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome