Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What Do You Reckon - Clio

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 24th June 2006
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Mmmmm, hard to say a 1.2 3dr Expression on a 55 plate ... If it was my money I'd like to see as close to £8k as possible, but dealers are dealers so they will want £8750+ I would guess .... but haggle hard, and dont fall for Its nearly new or it only got 5k miles on it Sir... I'm doing you a great deal... Sir

The second they register it and it drives out the door you can take 15-20% off list, oh and dont forget the dealer gets a "bonnet bonus" of around £500 - £1000 per car they shift + OTE bonus, so thats got to come off what your willing to pay as well.

DONT EVER FORGET ITS SECONDHAND and you'll be alright.

Dont get carried away ... I've seen Glasgow dealers shifting new Clio3's @ £8850 so see what a new one will cost you as well ... if its the month or quarter end and the dealer is down on target you WILL GET A DEAL ... but ignore him when he offers to bear your children as well as a cheap Clio3, check the on-line brokers (eg Pat Lawless @ Carfile.)

Dont take any crap, and dont be afraid to walk ... if he wants the business he will stop you before you get to the glass door, and want to talk ... remember NO QUARTER!

Rant mode off.

Good luck.
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome