Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - flickering dashboard sensors

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
flickering dashboard sensors

Hi all

My Megane 1997 model just recently has developed an issue where the coolant temperature sensor light and oil sensor light flickers after my car has reached normal temperature.
No overheating(or low coolant) and oil is OK too.
This only happens once heat up and revs are around 1200 or below.Once I rev the engine the flickering stops and then as the revs get less they come on again.
Car seems to be starting and running ok.
In addition to this I noticed that if I have the rear window heater switched on and these lights come on it switches the rear window heater off.I can switch it on again once revs are higher but same again as revs drop(lights flicker on ).
I have no sign of battery light coming on(so I don't think its the alternator not charging)
Someone mentioned that it sounded like a voltage regulator controlling dashboard input voltages.(situated behind dashboard)
Does anyone know of this issue or can anyone comment on it.
Also if so do you know if regultor is integral to dashboard(ie does whole dash need replaced) or can it be bought as a seperate unit?

Cheers in advance for any help

5 Lastest Threads by zanshinjitsu
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
flickering dashboard sensors Electronics zanshinjitsu 3 1018 30th October 2009 10:36 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome