Hiya replied to your earlier one but pales into insignificance now!
All I can add is the exact same thing happened on my Pug and it was the Crankshaft Sensor.
I would suggest that if no other light was on such as the electronic fault light problem I have or the toxic fume one, that nothing with the ignition system and throttle system is up as you would have thought it would have triggered those.
Apart from the problem of getting the car home/to a dealer my dealer charges £28 for a diag and thought, I guess, will confirm CSS.
If I was nearer I'd come out and tow you home
PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH AND LET US KNOW