Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sat Nav & Clock Faults ??

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Sat Nav & Clock Faults ??

Hey Guys, im driving a laguna sports tourer intiale 04
Ok so my story starts with about a week ago i come to start my car and nothing, battery's dead. so get a jump all is fine for a few days then same again. Then i go and buy a battery charger and take out the battery and have it on charge all day. When i come to put it back in a only connect one of the ground wires by accident and go to start car but of course nothing happens and i figure it out and hook everything up and all is good.
So the next day i figure out the clock is resetting itself back to the same time i set it at everytime i start the car ??

Also the next day i driving a few hundred miles for work and sat nav takes me there fine but then getting back it all goes wroing and now i have the CD and the sattelite in Red instead of green.

Now i have run the 4112 code and its telling me i have the iic error and one part says there is a HW Error ?

Now i'v included the long winded story because i picked up on here that there might be a problem with satnav or something thats draining the battery and causing it to go dead of could the battery coming out the car be the cause ? The alternator is running at around 14.5 volts and the battery idol is around 12.7

So i really need help guys with pointing in the right direction. iv seen loads of post saying buy a new gps lead for the satnav to be fixed but there has been now mention of the clock problem so i dont want to waste money if i can help it.

Thanks guys for even reading this and if any one can help you would officaily be awesome !!
Currently in mikee127's garage:
2004 Laguna 1.9 dci Sports tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by mikee127
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Sat Nav & Clock Faults ?? Electronics mikee127 5 1316 31st October 2009 08:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome