Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Changing headlight bulb in Megane II

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 1st November 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane 2005 Headlight bulb change

Hi, I have just managed to change the nearside dipped headlight bulb on me wifes megane.
I found a couple of things that made life easier and thought I would share them.
The only way to access the bulb is through the access panel in the wheel arch.
However because my arm does not bend in 5 places it was much easier to access the headlight once I had removed the wheel.
I also found that simply pulling the bulb out of the connector was difficult as the wire was only about 3 inches long and since I could only get one hand in could not hold the connector and remove the old bulb as it was a bit stuck having been there for the last 4 years.
To get around this I removed the small plastic cover above the headight in the engine bay just in front of the battery which gave just enough space the poke the old bulb though with one hand in the wheel arch access panel and use my other hand to pull the old bulb out.
This also helped in fitting the new one as I simply pushed the new bulb onto the connector I now had access to from the engine bay and was able to put it all back without touching the bulb glass as the instructions always say.

It did take me a while to do but once the wheel was off and the plastic cover in the engine bay removed, life was a lot easier.

By the way if the clip that holds the bulb in place falls off don't worry, it simply falls to the bottom of the bumper which can be eased apart enough for it to fall onto the ground.

Hope this helps someone.
Currently in Mickb's garage:
2006 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi & 2005 Renault Megane II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome