Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio injection wiring harness?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st November 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio injection wiring harness?

Hi there, I have a 53 plate Renault Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique which has been running fine until recently. The engine would not start intermittently until it finally would not start at all. No lights would come on, and turning the key just made a whirring noise under the bonnet. I have tried the spare key but to no avail. AA breakdown said it could be the immobilisor, the crank shaft sensor or the white wire attached to the starter motor.

I have had Renault run a diagnostic report on the car who have identified the possible faults as the crank sharft sensor (which I have just replaced), the 02 sensor in the exhaust, the battery or the inection wiring harness. I have googled 'injection wiring harness' with no results. To fix all of these faults will set me back 700 (450 for just the harness). Just wondering if anyone knew whether fixing these faults would fix the problem or would there be something easier (and cheaper) I can do? I have read in other posts about changing the battery in the key fob. How much would this be (for the two keys). Many thanks in advance.
Currently in helenc85's garage:
Renault Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by helenc85
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio injection wiring harness? Electronics madnoel10 3 4136 1st November 2009 04:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome