Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Bodywork - Tailgate Window - Useful ? Yes !

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 25th June 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Ginga
Hi Ottoman... thats a thought... I might have another play and try the shelf on the lower position and see if it contributes to the usefulness of the window. But I get the feeling I tried playing with it in that position in the past and I just found the whole thing a bit of a strain to lift an object up over the tailgate, through the window, and down through the gap onto the boot floor !!

Ive always snubbed the rear parcel shelf as being too flimsy to act as a REAL shelf and support any shopping/baggage/etc as I thought it bows/sags too easily.

I guess Im overcomplicating things maybe, probably the whole idea of the tailgate window is to use it when you cant lift the whole tailgate...end of story.

It just those darn Frenchies have been so inovative (imho) with the latest Scenic I just thought there might be more to it. Hence "missing the plot".

Its more about security of your boot contents really. If like me you carry lots of valuable spare parts for computers including a laptop, then it is great not to have to display to the world where you have your laptop.

Currently in Jonah's garage:
Renault Scenic II and now my second III.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome