Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Inlet Manifold Pressure Sensor Fault - Causing glow plugs light at higher speeds

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Inlet Manifold Pressure Sensor Fault - Causing glow plugs light at higher speeds

I have a 2001 Clio II 1.5dCi. It has done 112000 miles and drives sweetly. I bought it a few weeks ago 2nd hand and since then have noticed that when i am going uphill at 70 or on the flat at 80 the glowplug light comes on and there is a slight drop in power. Once i slow to below 70 the light goes off and power is normal.

I have looked on the forum and found that this is similar to the EGR valve problem. I cleaned out the EGR (which was filthy) and replaced the air filter (also filthy), only to find that the problem still occured.

I have had it hooked up to a diagnostic machine and the relevant fault is with the Inlet Manifold Pressure Sensor (permanent fault even when the ECU is reset). They checked the sensor and found that it was functioning in normal ranges, so no problem with it.

So they have said that it is a wiring problem and needs further investigation. Being a poor student im happy that so long as nothing is leaking/ physically broken then i can drive at 79 instead .

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this wiring issue before and if you have any suggestions as to what i could do myself to solve it.

Thanks in advance!

(Incidentally a 'memorised' fault came up that there was a problem with the air conditioning circuit - the car doesn't even have aircon!!!)
Currently in greenbay's garage:
2004 Renault Megane 1.5dci, 1996 BMW 318i
  5 Lastest Threads by greenbay
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Turbo pipe nozzle Engines greenbay 0 613 11th October 2011 07:18 PM
Cold start, glow plug light issue Electronics greenbay 5 1648 20th September 2011 03:47 PM
Wiring internal car aerial Electronics greenbay 0 1749 17th March 2011 08:36 AM
Inlet Manifold Pressure Sensor Electronics greenbay 6 12632 8th June 2010 11:56 AM
Poor FM reception and no AM reception. Electronics tahrey 9 7524 12th May 2010 02:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome