Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Couple of Lag II Niggles...

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Paul Dengel View Post
Hi People,

been away for a while, have a couple of little issues to resolve both of which are rain related...

In the summer I had a new screen fitted to my Lag, have deiscovered in the recent rain that the auto wipers no longer work. This is clearly as a result of incorrect installation by Autoglass (I know, was insurance job) but how do I fix it as it is tooo long since the job for me to get them to do it.

The other thing, my sunroof appears to be leaking, I can see from the top that a this strip appears to be missing from the seal around the glass could this be it, it seems to be in the same plae where the leak is coming in. Is it possible to simply replace the seal around the glass?

Your wisdom will be gratefully received
I had exactly the same problem with my windscreen last year. Autoglass replaced the screen OK but the fitter clearly had no idea how to remove the auto wipe unit and in doing so he damaged it. He also broke a wire on the small fan that is inside the same housing which is part of the climate control tempertaure sensor. I repaired the broken wire but had to buy a new auto wipe unit for 84 from Renault. I complained to Autoglass who sent out another fitter who knew what he was doing and he successfully installed the new unit (this needs great care). I wrote to the local manager enclosing my Renault invoice and much to my surpries I received a cheque by return.
Currently in PeterR's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dci Sports Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome