Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna I Locking cycle problem

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th November 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
check the battery negative terminal lead, i've been going through hell myself and its mostly down to the copper wires in the black cable being crushed and breaking in the part where its clamped.(if you looked at it you would assume it is ok, but when u grab it, you can see its only just held in place due to the remaining copper wires running either side of the top screw clamps.

my main problems have been intermittant battery cut out! when starting (all electics dying) been through several batterys and starter motors over the years, along with intermitant locking problems, door locks failing to lock at random from remote key, battery failing to charge, etc.....

failing that you may have a problem with the locking relay module behind the drivers door card, if the battery cable is not the fault, then pull the inner door panel off and check that.
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome