Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Automatic Wipers

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 4th November 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
It is the same sensor as the auto lights, (at least it is on the OH's Scenic II), her auto wipers don't work either. When you turn them on they take one sweep then nothing more.

I took the sensor out of it's housing behind the mirror and then found out that you should never do this. The reason why you should not remove it is because you will destroy the optical seal between the screen and the sensor. As is happened, they didn't work anyway so there was nothing to loose!

When I removed the sensor I found that I could get them to work by pressing the sensor tight to the screen. Furthermore there was no trace of any type of optical seal that I could have damaged, so I came to the conclusion that someone had been there before me.

I started a thread on here to see if anyone knew how I could get the optical seal but no one seemed to have the answer. If this sounds the same as your problem I would love to know if you get it sorted!

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow...

Wanna see what I drive? No pics of the latest Passat, but you can see the Scenic II here and the CB1000R here!

Previous Passat here and Bandit here.
Currently in martin999's garage:
2011 (11) VW Passat 2.0 TDi SE + options in Island Grey, 2011 (11) Honda CB1000R in Pearl Cool White... oh and a 2004 (54) Secnic II 1.5dCi Dynamique in Ottoman Blue !
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome