Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Urgent **headlamp replacement problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th November 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Urgent **headlamp replacement problem

I have a 2007 megane estate 1.5 Dynamique DCI.

I have read the horror stories about changing bulbs on this damn car and have tried the easy method in the sticky.

IE: covers off and hand in the hole.

I have managed to replace the drivers side bulb. There was just enough room to work there.

However, I am struggling to get the bulb on the passengers side out of the holder.

I have managed to remove the electrical connector, but the bulb just will not budge and I am concerned I may break it in situ.

I understood that there should be a w shaped spring holding the bulbs in place.

There definitely was not one on the drivers side, and I cannot feel one on the passengers side.

There is less room to work in on the passengers side and I am really struggling.

I need some tips quickly, as I currently have one extra bright (legal) bulb on drivers side and the original (very dim) bulb on passengers side.

Currently in dog-man's garage:
2007 Megane 1.5 DCI Turbo Diesel Dynamique Estate
  5 Lastest Threads by dog-man
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Headlights not bright enough on 57 Megane estate Electronics madnoel10 3 3916 5th January 2011 04:05 PM
Winter tyres question Wheels & tyres 1 1418 2nd December 2010 09:33 AM
Roof Rails Bodywork mord 3 1277 20th December 2009 08:55 PM
Urgent **headlamp replacement problem Electronics dog-man 4 1206 6th November 2009 11:17 AM
service due warning problem Electronics dog-man 3 1355 29th October 2009 08:10 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome