Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Setting Your Key Plip

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Plip Key!!!

Thank you so much for the info on the Plip Key as my son was given his Megane from an Elderly Guy next door who is getting a bit old to drive before he gave us the car he had the batteries changed at a local market and the key never woked after that !!I took the car to uor local Renault dealer who sucked in his breath and said that the car would need booking in as the key was useless and so was the receiver ?? In the meantime to start the car I payed the 10 for them to give me the code after having to go home and get every bit of evidence to prove that we were the owners of the car so for the last year or so my son has had to enter the coded each time he got into the car which was a pain in the neck but thanks to this site he has been able to reset his key which works perfectly and does the central locking my piont is what would we have been charged had we let them do the work "THEY" said was wrong with the car when in fact there was nothing wrong other than wot we've learnt on this site!!!!! Thanks again for your help.
Currently in Trev3265's garage:
Renault Megane 1.6 RXE
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome