Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Full Dealer "Service History"

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by hondo View Post
Yeah and some poor will be writing on here some time or other saying

Renault are rubbish

Without giving a thought to the to$$er he got the damned car off in the first place.

Hondo, I could'nt agree more with you.

I do sometimes despair at the level of competence exhibited by some of the posters to this and other forums.
People who have neither the facilities, knowledge, aptitude or necessary specialst tools to carry out works on their vehicles in either safety critical areas or complex mechanical procedures.

In my view, the end result (in a lot of cases) is a vehicle that has been left in poor condition.

The next owner of the vehicle inherits problems and then posts derogatory remarks on this forum about Renaults.

A case in point is a customer of mine who bought privately a 52 plate 1.9dCi Trafic camper conversion.
He failed to have the vehicle inspected before he handed over his cash "because it looked so clean"

A week or so after he got it home it came into my place for a diesel fuel leak.
The leak was the spill pipes, duly fixed.
Always on the lookout for problems I thought I'd have a good shufty at the van.

It's easier to say what was good about it than list the problems!

The rear tyres. Good
Interior of van. Good
Body, aft of the front doors. Good.

EVERYTHING else, including the rusty secondhand engine from a Laguna was a total disaster area.

The condition of the vehicle was of something that has never had any Professional maintenance.

I know not everyone can afford to take their car to a Garage for repairs, it can be very expensive, but you can dig yourself into a pretty deep financial hole by not knowing what you are doing.

Currently in freddybabe's garage:
Hymer Motorhome and MgF.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome