Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - click click click from start button

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 8th November 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by garyrowellworld View Post
thanks for all your help on here guys , and sorry for the delay but I've been floored with bloody swine-flu...

anyway it turns out the a brand new battery solved the trouble , after putting it in she fired up straight away..

only thing is now after all the recent heavy rain I still have a puddle in the drivers footwell and when I open the fusebox cover it's rather dripping in and around there

so I'm gonna have to get to the bottom of the problem somehow or another..
I read somewhere on here the best way to get to the drainholes under the scuttle panel is to take off the wiper arms for the best access , is that right ??
I'm sure they must be blocked at some point so hopefully if I can clear them then that should solve the rain water from getting to the fusebox....

once again thanks guys....
Good news about the battery sorry to here you still have the water problem i would get to the bottom of this as soon as you can before you start have problems,now with regards to the drain holes in the sunroof iam not that sure but a guess would be you might be able to see them??if not there might be a little trim to be removed first?iam not sure,like madnoal has already said the water could well be coming in from around the plastic scuttle panel at the bottom of the windscreen where the wiper arms are,hope that helps Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome