Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - click click click from start button

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 9th November 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
quick update guys...

turns out it was the sunroof drain pipes that were blocked (well drivers side one anyway)...I opened the sunroof all the way only to discover a huge pool of water on the right hand side.., so I mopped and dried the puddle to give me access to the drain hole , then stripped away the black plastic trim behind the front wheel to reveal the pipe itself...
After freeing the little black flap at the end of the pipe the water started gushing out..., I then pushed some wire up there to free the blockage , cleaned away all the crud that had gathered around there and then poured several jugs of boiling water into the sunroof and to my relief the water instantly went through the pipe and came pouring out at the other end behind the wheel...

With no damp footwell in the passenger side I thought it may be a good idea to repeat the process on that side as well just for peace of mind...

Finally I blasted the carpet with the wifes hairdryer for 30 minutes to get it dry(ish)..
So all I need now is a good old british downpour to make sure I have solved my dilemma..and with a bit of luck that should be it....

Thanks again guys....
Currently in garyrowellworld's garage:
renault laguna II sports tourer 1.9DCI privelege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome