Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - click click click from start button

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 9th November 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by garyrowellworld View Post
quick update guys...

turns out it was the sunroof drain pipes that were blocked (well drivers side one anyway)...I opened the sunroof all the way only to discover a huge pool of water on the right hand side.., so I mopped and dried the puddle to give me access to the drain hole , then stripped away the black plastic trim behind the front wheel to reveal the pipe itself...
After freeing the little black flap at the end of the pipe the water started gushing out..., I then pushed some wire up there to free the blockage , cleaned away all the crud that had gathered around there and then poured several jugs of boiling water into the sunroof and to my relief the water instantly went through the pipe and came pouring out at the other end behind the wheel...

With no damp footwell in the passenger side I thought it may be a good idea to repeat the process on that side as well just for peace of mind...

Finally I blasted the carpet with the wifes hairdryer for 30 minutes to get it dry(ish)..
So all I need now is a good old british downpour to make sure I have solved my dilemma..and with a bit of luck that should be it....

Thanks again guys....
Thats good newstry and get it dried out as well as you can as with these damp cold evenings with it being damp still it will not take much for condensation to build up,place lots of used news paper under the car mats and that should over time absorb all the remaining dampness and when it does rain your not scratching your head thinking its still wet went in fact its just condensation from before,

Cheers Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome