Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much have you spent on your Renault this year

View Single Post
post #284 of (permalink) Old 10th November 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by shortcirkit View Post
With regard to these comments even the trade can get caught and I repeat that too many people see full history as the bible to car buying,it is not.
I had a citroen ax recently 93 only 40k odd from new,rang previous owner and guess what--not had cambelt, easy job on it though but sold it on with that and the usual french sticking callipers.Have this laguna now rang previous owner had it for 9 years/tears
and, guess what again--no cambelt done! the clutch is high and on 130k but still no slip so just run it. Ive looked at belt seems ok so take a chance. The upshot is sometimes the maint hist cannot be got.And its how it is on the day of test/inspection that matters nothing else.
It was just interesting to see what the advisory notes said and I'm certainly not taking it as gospel that the work has been done. Its given me an insight into potential areas that are poor on the car and I will be getting it checked soon, just to double check what has and hasn't been done.
Currently in Bubblegumcola's garage:
2003 Renault Scenic Fidji 1.4
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome