Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much have you spent on your Renault this year

View Single Post
post #286 of (permalink) Old 10th November 2009
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
It's funny really NOT!!

I hung on to the Lag2 for a frazzle over 3 years I took it to a local Auto Centre for it first MOT 1 week before the warranty expired, although they didn't know that. The guy failed saying the rear rubber bushes had gone time expired.

They actually went through the procedure of giving me the fail certificate also a quote of 300+ for the work on the rubber bushes to be completed.

At this stage I made them aware that the car was still within the Renault warranty and I was now going directly to Renault to give them a good
bing on the basis that the rear rubber bushes had failed the very first MOT. The guy without any warning snatched the MOT failure notice back, he disappeared for a while then came back giving me a pass certificate with an advisory about the rubber bushes, robbing

BTW Renault replaced the rubber bushes FOC and also proved conclusively that they would have done the MOT but cheaper than the Auto Centre
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.

Last edited by Pat.w; 10th November 2009 at 11:18 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome