Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - click click click from start button

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 10th November 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by garyrowellworld View Post
Hi guys..
Getting a bit fed up of my Lag II now to be honest...
Put card in slot today , everything came on as it should dash lights etc , pressed the start button then all I got was a fast clicking sound , I took the card out of slot but the clicking still went on until after 3 or 4 minutes it gradually got slower and slower until it stopped altogether..

So obviously I disconnected my battery put it on charge for 10 hours or so (even though my charger was giving me a reading of full power) put it back on the car , put card in slot and just the same nothing at all

It was only last week that I had thew fusebox out because it was soaking wet , but after a blast with the wifes hairdryer she started fine...

Don't know what the problem is now but it's flaming annoying and the last thing I need right now is a trip to the dealers...

Can anybody out there shed some light on my troubles please...

Hi mate this might help, try putting a jump lead from the earth terminal of the battery straight on to any metal part of the engne e.g gearbox, make sure it has a good connection. If this works you have an engine earth away.
If not email me back with more symptoms.
Currently in frankster's garage:
2004 v6 Laguna II
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome