Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #127 of (permalink) Old 12th November 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to greyray
Cant accelerate past 2000 revs, unless MAF wiring is disconnected.

Renault told me (following a paid DIAGNOSTIC check) that my MAF (mass air flow meter) was broken - so I replaced that (+ air filter).
Still not working, so I replaced the EGR valve as well (which actually fell into 2 pieces when I removed it, so it really did need replacing) >>> but while this was removed - I had a look around underneath where it was fitted & found the large pipe from the air-filter - that connects to what 'I think' is the Turbo - was not connected > somehow it had come off. You can't actually see this end of the pipe with the EGR in place, but as it is fitted with a jubilee clip - and I had never touched it - I suspect that this was the main problem all along.
Re-attached the pipe & tightened it securely, fitted the new EGR - then started the car >>> now working perfect and better than it has ever been - also quieter than it has ever been as well. Before it was getting around 37 mpg >>> & i'm now hoping that will go up significantly.
Currently in greyray's garage:
2004 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome