Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How does the Battery affect the MPG?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th November 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
How does the Battery affect the MPG?

Hi all,

I had a limp mode incident a few weeks back (no warning lights) , where I also seemed to lose fuel efficiency... fearing the worst...(cracked inlet manifold / clogged egr ) I took it in for diagnostics....

turned out the battery had failed and was running the wrong voltage or something. Dealer thought this was the case (battery is 5years old) .. 233 quid later for the battery and diagnostics, all is good, and amazingly My MPG has definately been restored to pre- limp mode incident. (it dropped to at best 29mph, but now I can get back to 35mpg etc on the motorway).

Question - can battery really affect MPG or is it just a computer failing or something - seems very strange, but I am just gratefull it wasn't anything more serious!!
  5 Lastest Threads by surfbug
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How does the Battery affect the MPG? Electronics madnoel10 10 2438 12th November 2009 03:19 PM
Espace 2.2 Diesel - loss of power - what to do... Engines surfbug 7 1712 25th October 2009 06:04 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome