Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I hate bad drivers!

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 13th November 2009
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Drivers insisting it gaining the closest parking space to the super-market entrance and parking in disabled bays, etc really gets on my wick.
Unless they are truly disabled another few yards of walking won't do them any harm and judging by the look of most of them they could do with the exercise anyway. They seem to have this incessant need to shave a few seconds of their shopping trip - yet when you see them shopping in the aisles they spend what seems like hours reading the small print on the packs of the most fattening foods you could find.
In my small province of Northern Ireland over the past 3 years 17,000 motorists (that's a helluva lot in my view) have recieived fixed penalty notices for parking in disabled bays when in fact they are perfectly fit.
I personally know of one guy who has an artificial leg and has a blue badge displayed - yet almost every week-end he's out lying below cars carrying out repairs, digging in his garden, kicking football with his kids and walking to the local shops without the aid of either a stick or crutch but when he goes to the supermarket up goes the blue badge and he retrieves his walking stick from the boot of his car. I do wonder what gets into drivers minds once they get behind the wheel.

That's my rant over for today - it's getting close to beer time
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome