Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I hate bad drivers!

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 14th November 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by hondo View Post
I know it would would generally, and may also here too cause an uproar, but it wouldn't bother me to see average speed camera's on every inch of every road in the UK.

The speed issue is the mind set of the ME, ME, ME brigade, IMHO aggressive driving, & poor discipline too.
I know where you're coming from but.... The lack of patrols on the streets these days IMHO causing more of a problem.

It's no good leaving speed enforcement to cameras alone. They do not pick up the drunk/drugged, non-insured, disqualified, blind, idiotic and sometimes just plain terminally stupid drivers that cause (not always involved in) crashes.

I have no objection to cameras being placed in areas of concern as deterrents but in a lot of cases, they're not. There are two near me that are on stretches of road that I know for a fact, have had very few crashes and those that have happened, are the result of poor observation and discipline at give-ways on the junctions - not excessive speed.

"I'm not easily distrac... ooh ooh look, shiny thing"
Currently in vicfisher's garage:
Citroen C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome