Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sourcing Compatible Model/Years for a Delphi ECU Loom Connector

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th November 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Sourcing Compatible Model/Years for a Delphi ECU Loom Connector

I would like to introduce my problem as a "search for compatible models and years" ... as I am finding it very difficult to locate this part based solely on my own model year. Below is the outline of where I find myself today.

Vehicle and Part Summary:
The part is the sealed connector found at the end of the wiring loom which connects into a Delphi ECU on a Clio Type II Diesel 1.5 DCI 2005 (not Type III).

Delphi ECU here:

Issue Diagnostics:
This relates to a issue which I have not found on these forums in so much clarity, but there sure are a lot of other problems which sound a lot like they could be resolved by this same issue. To diagnose and locate this issue, when the engine is idling, wriggle the wiring loom as it enters into the ECU connector, which in turn is then plugged into a 1.5 DCI Delphi ECU on some Diesel models (See end of this post for a possible list).

The Issue:
It would appear that due possibly to water damage, the wire cores inside the insulated wires of the loom have broken or become intermittent.

The Painful problem:
I am finding it very difficult to locate the part mainly because the ECU connector is not available to be purchased new and most scrap dealers dont know if they have one until they have removed the ECU and shredded the vehicle. So its normally to late by the time I find a Clio Type II 1.5 DCI 2005.

The Resolve:
1. Replace the loom with a new loom
2. Cut out the damaged wires and re-connect a replacement ECU connector
3. Purchase a car for scrap
4. Scrap the vehicle all together
5. Formulate a Plan 'B'

Plan 'B':
1. Find someone who happens to have a Delphi ECU 1.5 DCI connector sitting about
2. Find out what other Model/Years also use the Delphi 1.5 DCI ECU and this dramatically improves my chances of finding a scraped car with the same ECU connector still on the loom before it gets shredded.

The Bottom Line Question:
What Renault Models/Years can the Delphi 1.5 DCI ECU normally be found in?
  • 01-05 Clio Type II 1.5 DCI Diesel
  • 05-07 Kangoo 1.5 DCI ... (Awaiting Confirmation)
  • ??-?? *Some* 1.5 DCI Megane and Laguna ... (Awaiting Confirmation)
???? - Can you add or amend anything on or to this list? .... PLEASE!!!

Last edited by InBadNeedOfHelp; 16th November 2009 at 11:53 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by InBadNeedOfHelp
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Sourcing Compatible Model/Years for a Delphi ECU... Electronics freddybabe 7 3398 16th November 2009 11:40 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome