Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Water Ingress After Repair

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic 2 - Water Ingress After Repair

Hi All
i have a bit of a problem with my Scenic II, when it rains I can hear water "Sloshing" around in the car, A little while ago (About 6mths) there was some heavy rain and the car wouldnt start, when it did everything came on (errors on display, fans, lights etc etc) and i disconected the battery and left the car for a day or so and it started fine (so figured it dried itself out), but i wondered if water have got to the electrics at all, however what i notice is that since then when ever there is a heavy downpour i can hear water in the car, the passenger footwell is sometimes a little bit wet (not a lot just a small bit) but i am wondering if i have a drainhole blocked or something but not sure where to really look, I think the problem is on the passenger side, and last year a van drove into me on that side and the insurance replaced the front wing, door skin and windscreen, so i was wondering if they somehow did something that maybe be the cause of this,

many thanks for any help
Currently in elbandito's garage:
scenic II 1.9DCI
  5 Lastest Threads by elbandito
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
would you really need to replace all these parts? Engines elbandito 6 1509 5th January 2011 05:42 PM
Is there anywhere that buys scenics that need... Cars & motoring njackson24 5 1601 5th January 2011 02:54 PM
low battery warning on Renault scenic Electronics elbandito 6 8668 29th November 2010 10:21 AM
what is this part called please Electronics 1 981 26th November 2010 07:15 AM
is there a way to deactivate or turn off a scenic... Electronics smitd004 1 1448 1st September 2010 07:03 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome