Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - scenic 2: only 1 key and no central locking with it?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th November 2009 Thread Starter
big jim
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
scenic 2: only 1 key and no central locking with it?

bear with me on this one, i'll describe the problem the best i can!!

picked up a 2000 plate scenic 2 yesterday and it only has one key with it, the key is a plain black one with no "blip" button on it, now the problem i'm having is this:

i can open the door with the key and i can hear the central locking on all other doors "whirr" open, however when i try to lock the car with the key (as there is no button) it will only lock the door i've got the key in, i have to go round and lock the boot and passenger door with the key individually, now the biggest problem is the rear doors can't be locked from the inside (is that correct) so they cannot be locked at all?

the key will start the car fine and once in motion the central locking will lock all the doors correctly and when i open the door to get out all the other doors unlock too, the red padlock symbol by the rear view mirror is lit also

off hand (as im not going outside to check at 1:30am) i think the button on the dash will lock the doors fine but not unlock them

i cant see the problem being the c/l as it all seems to work (just not all at the same time as it should), could it be the key not having a blipper/fob, if so can i buy blank fobs or keys and get them programmed?

any help would be very much appreciated

Currently in big jim's garage:
1.4 scenic on lpg
  5 Lastest Threads by big jim
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
scenic 2: only 1 key and no central locking with... Electronics White Van Man 1 711 18th November 2009 12:38 AM
hi all, new member on board (scenic 2) Welcome to RenaultForums Attilla the hen 2 897 18th November 2009 12:05 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome