Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Buying Advice

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th November 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio 2 - Buying Advice

Heloooooo Renault forum, i'm looking at buying a 1.4 3dr clio and wanted to know if there was anything in particular i should look out for (rust electronics, engine etc...)

there a a few problems the guy selling has informed me about

the wheel bearing - one of the front wheel bearings is in need of replacing (i've contacted a local company and they said that will cost around 130 to fix)

flat tyre - one of the tyres has a puncture so its running on the spare (not something i'm going to worry about too much)

rear wiper missing - the rear wiper is... well missing i'm assuming its just the exterior component and the rest is there and the guy said that this would be about (18) for the new part and i think thats the sort of this i can fix myself

the cars done 86 ish thousand miles and i think it has a service history (forgot to ask him but should be looking at the car tomorrow/saturday)

bodywork looks good from pics but i'll have a closer look when i see it

this looks to me like a good car but if anybody knows of any problem areas could you let me know.

5 Lastest Threads by nicholasjgroom
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault clio engine swap, no idles on rev limiter Engines Micky123 1 969 22nd October 2011 08:36 PM
Engine Idle Problem Engines PrimaClio 4 1135 28th September 2011 09:51 PM
Weird Petrol/oily smell Engines nicholasjgroom 0 804 7th November 2010 03:15 PM
Weird hissing noise from a 2000 reg clio. Engines bobbydog 4 2501 11th May 2010 06:20 PM
Renault Clio 2 - Buying Advice Cars & motoring Lagdti 7 1719 19th November 2009 09:40 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome