Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna - water leak footwell drivers side

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 21st November 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kclaguna View Post
If anyone has a Laguna II and has water dripping in to the footwell, particularly below the glovebox when going round a corner after heavy rain, try this. Check under the scuttle at the windscreen. You may have to remove the whole thing but I just removed a few clips at the suspension turrets and a couple more then prised it up carefully. below the corner grilles in the scuttle are low spots in the bulkhead and in each corner there are drainage holes. Mine were completely blocked with dirt. Either using your fingers or a flexible tube, push the dirt through the drain holes and flush through with clean water. The water should freely drain through onto the ground. No more leaks! Someone else may have discovered this but I haven't had time to check all of the posts.
This sounds just like the problem I have, except it's on the passenger side. I found my car mat drowned this week.

I scooped all the water out but the carpet's soaked. There was water INSIDE the door which I drained. I though it was a problem with the door seals. I went out that night & heard this swishing sound going round a corner. When I got to where I was going I looked at the carpet again and it was soaked once again!

I've had the scuttle panel off on the passenger side (easiest one to get to) and the drain hole was blocked right enough. There didn't seem to be any way that there would be enough water there to be causing my problem though. Might be the drivers side though!

What I don't understand is the water getting inside the door, and how would it normally get out on it's own?

Hopefully now that I've cleaned the passenger side that will solve my problem, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to do the driver side too (meaning taking the wipers off! ).

The door seals on the passenger side are also wetter on the inside than I'd perhaps they are needing replaced too!

Anyone able to offer any advice?

Currently in Marky70's garage:
Laguna II 1.9dci 52 plate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome